It has been brought to my attention recently that most do not understand the hashtag Legalize it! For todays installment of Legal Hippie I thought I would explain the meaning for us Legal Hippies. CBD is a wonderful cannabinoid. as we are learning it has been shown to help many conditions and is a very powerful anti inflammatory. Besides the common cbd there are many different Cannabinoids! For instance here is a list of some of the major cannabinoids found in the plant!
- CBGA (Cannabigerolic acid)
- THCA (Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid)
- CBDA (Cannabidiolic acid)
- CBCA (Cannabichromenenic acid)
- CBGVA (Cannabigerovarinic acid)
- THCVA (Tetrahydrocanabivarinic acid)
- CBDVA (Cannabidivarinic acid)
- CBCVA (Cannabichromevarinic acid)
Along with this list is THC. As you see above THCA is the acid form of the THC. Once THCA is heated the THCA is converted to THC. I bring up the THC is say…. Some people need THC to fully benefit from the plant. Here are a few things that THC can assist with…
- Pain relief
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Protects Brain Cells
- Effective Sleep Aid
- Helps treat PTSD
- Promotes Brain growth
- Increases Appetite
- Enhances senses
- Anti-Tumor agent
- Muscle relaxant
Now to take this a step further here are a few of the conditions that do benefit from the above list
- Multiple sclerosis is a disease that affects the brain and spinal cord. Symptoms vary both in type and severity, but typically include pain, spasms, balance issues, tingling, vision problems and more. Research has found that cannabis based medicinal extracts can significantly reduce the spasticity and pain associated with multiple sclerosis while having few adverse effects on patients.
- Spinal cord injury is caused by trauma to the spine, spinal cord injuries are known to affect motor skills and can potentially lead to total loss function in some parts of the body. Research has suggested that cannabis can help patients treat the pain and muscle spasms that are often symptomatic of a spinal cord injuries. with investigators from the Oxford Centre for Enablement noting that “Cannabis medicinal extracts can improve neurogenic symptoms unresponsive to standard treatments”.
- Spinal Cord Disease refers to any spinal cord issues that develop for reasons other than trauma. Multiple sclerosis, spina bifida, syringomyelia and spinal stenosis can all be considered examples of spinal cord disease. Patients living with a spinal cord disease may be able to find therapeutic help when using cannabis based medicine, thanks to cannabis’ ability to alleviate spasticity and pain – two of the most common symptoms associated with spinal cord disease.
- Cancer is responsible for a staggering amount of deaths. Cannabis can drastically reduce the severity of symptoms and improve the quality of life for patients. Research has shown that both THC and CBD (two of the key active components found in cannabis) can stimulate appetite, which may help with the weight loss, anorexia and cachexia that many cancer patients experience. In addition, cannabis is very effective at helping with the nausea caused by conventional cancer treatments such as chemotherapy.
- HIV/AIDS treatment has come a long way over the last decade or so. While modern therapy allows those with HIV/AIDS to live a long and mostly healthy life, the side effects of the treatment can be challenging to deal with. A number of studies show that medical cannabis or better known as medical marijuana can improve many HIV/AIDS-related symptoms, including anorexia, weight loss, severe nausea and more. For instance, a study published in the Journal of Pain and Symptom Management found 97 percent of HIV patients reported improved appetite with medical cannabis treatment, while 94 percent experienced reduced muscle pain and 93 percent reported improvements to both nausea and anxiety.
- Arthritis is something that is very common and one of the tops complaints I hear when helping in the CBD movement. This is a term that refers to the inflammation of a joint. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis, with some of the more common types including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriatic arthritis. Symptoms typically include swelling and redness around the joint, reduced range of motion, stiffness, weakness and severe, ongoing pain. It’s the latter symptom that cannabis is most effective at treating. In one study into the efficacy of cannabis as a form of pain relief for rheumatoid arthritis, researchers noted that “a significant analgesic effect was observed and disease activity was significantly suppressed”.
- Epilepsy is a neurological condition. The disorder is characterized by seizures, which range from relatively mild (a moment of impaired concentration) to extreme (total loss of consciousness and awareness). Cannabis based medicines – and CBD-dominant products in particular – have proven to be very effective at reducing the frequency and severity of epilepsy seizures. With that said, medical cannabis should only be used in treatment resistant cases of seizures.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) describes disorders that result in inflammation of the digestive tract, including ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Research published in Digestion found that IBD patients experienced a variety of health benefits from using cannabis. Factors such as physical pain, social functioning, general health perception, ability to work and depression all saw notable improvement.
- End of life care or hospice, Studies have shown that medicinal cannabis may also be an effective treatment option in palliative care, which could be vital in the years ahead as many nations come to terms with aging populations. Research published in Current Oncology found that medical cannabis could “provide further relief from distressing symptoms and spiritual suffering”, while improving patients’ overall quality of life.
- Insomnia Research indicates that both THC- and CBD-dominant cannabis based medicines offer effective therapy for a range of sleep disorders, including insomnia. Cannabis is thought to reduce sleep latency, induce drowsiness and improve quality of sleep
I know this was a lot of list but this is just a few of the reasons why we need to legalize the entire plant. So yes…. #legalizeit means something to me and to many others. It means being able to help those who need relief find it in a simple plant.
While THC amounts above .03% is still considered illegal in most states you can get Full spectrum CBD which contain trace amounts of the THC cannabinoid. To order your full spectrum with trace amounts of THC click the link below!
Let me be your dealer!